David Matthews has over 33 years of experience fighting big corporations, including pharmaceutical companies.
Zantac Cancer Lawsuits
For years, millions of people have relied on over-the-counter and prescription Zantac and other ranitidine medications to manage their heartburn and acid reflux, without realizing that it could be making them sick.
The U.S. FDA has now recalled ranitidine due to its high levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a chemical known to cause cancer. Zantac use has now been linked to higher occurrences of certain cancers and other serious illnesses.
If you or a loved one used prescription or over-the-counter Zantac and have been diagnosed with cancer, contact us today. Our consultations are always free and there are no attorney’s fees unless you recover.
Why we’re the right choice.
- Attorney David Matthews has over 33 years of experience fighting for his clients, bringing him national recognition for his success. Matthews Pourasef knows the ins-and-outs of fighting big pharma, giving you the best chance of recovery.
- We care deeply about our clients. We understand the devastation and stress a cancer diagnosis can cause. We’ll take the time to learn about your individual case so you can find justice and hope for a better future.
- We won’t leave you in the dark. Lawsuits are often complicated and lengthy. We’re with you every step of the way and will keep you updated throughout the process.
I pride myself on handling my client’s cases to the very best of my ability—from the time they first call our firm, until we get them the resolution they deserve.– Attorney David Matthews
Please contact us if you took over-the-counter or prescription Zantac and were diagnosed with one of the following cancers within the past 10 years:
- Liver/Bile Duct
- Esophageal (including throat)
History of Complaint
- As far back as 2018, numerous companies issued recalls and were faced with lawsuits for medications that also contained levels of NDMA that exceeded FDA recommendations. During the period that Sanofi and other manufacturers were producing Zantac, there was already scientific evidence linking ranitidine to NDMA.
- Early September 2019: the FDA was alerted of high levels of NDMA in ranitidine.
- Late September 2019: Over-the-counter ranitidine tablets were pulled from Walmart, Rite Aid and Walgreens. The stores then removed Zantac and some generics from their shelves.
- October 2019: The Food and Drug Administration monitors medicines in the United States for unsafe levels of NDMA
- Late October 2019: Sanofi recalled all over-the-counter Zantac in the US and Canada.
- February 2020: Most companies have pulled or recalled their ranitidine products from shelves.
- April 2020: The FDA requested a manufacturer’s market withdrawal of ranitidine. This means ranitidine products will not be available for new or existing prescriptions or over-the-counter use in the US.
Do I qualify for a Zantac Lawsuit?
If you took Zantac and in the past were diagnosed with one of the cancers above, you may have a claim. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How much money is expected to payout from the Zantac Lawsuit?
It is still quite early in the Zantac litigation so we cannot determine how much money clients would receive, but we are ready to hear from you and provide a free case evaluation.
Is this a class action lawsuit?
No, in a class-action lawsuit, the cases are not treated individually but rather as one large group, known as a class. We don’t file our clients’ cases as class action suits, rather we treat each case individually and must prove every case separately.
Is Zantac dangerous?
The EPA and WHO have determined that NDMA is a probable carcinogen that has been linked to cancer and other illnesses. This chemical is found in high levels in Zantac and other drugs containing ranitidine.
Should I stop taking Zantac?
Although the FDA has recalled Zantac and other ranitidine products, it is important to speak to your doctor before discontinuing the use of any medication.
What types of products contain ranitidine?
- Zantac 150
- Zantac 150 Maximum Strength
- Zantac Maximum Strength Cool Mint
- Zantac 75
- Zantac Injection
- Zantac Syrup
- And any other Zantac product.
If you are unsure if your heartburn medication contains ranitidine, talk with us today.
What if I took both Zantac and generic ranitidine?
If you took both products and were diagnosed with the cancers we mentioned above, please contact us today.